More volume around the forefoot, ball of the foot and metatarsals affords comfort to wider feet.
Precise, even and secure tightening of the uppers is provided by these durable BOA dials.
The R4 soles have tuned amounts of stiffness to perfectly balance power transfer and comfort.
Polyurethane laminated mesh uppers are flexible and supportive in equal measures.
Fizik Tempo Overcurve R4 Wide Fit Road Cycling Shoes
A versatile offering from Fizik, the Overcurve R4 Wide Fit Road Cycling Shoes blend an advanced design with high-quality construction to perform brilliantly on group rides, daily training sessions and challenging Gran Fondos.
The upper is realised from a polyurethane laminated mesh that donates structural support for efficient power transfer and flexibility for comfort. This upper is incrementally tightened around the foot via the single BOA IP1 dial, and this is partnered by the Overcurve closure format that closely follows the ergonomics of the foot to reduce pinch points and hot spots while riding. A higher volume fit sees more room introduced around the forefoot, ball of the foot and the metatarsals to increase comfort for riders with wider feet.
A carbon injected R4 sole is moderately stiff to balance comfort with pedalling efficiency. This outsole integrates a wide front vent that leads to an internal channelling system to keep the foot aerated and cool. A more rearwards cleat mounting point on the outsole helps the rider achieve high power outputs while decreasing the pressure within the knee.
- A versatile wide fit road racing shoe ideal for group rides, daily training and gran fondos
- Polyurethane laminated mesh upper provides support and comfort
- A single BOA IP1 dial combines with an Overcurve closure configuration ergonomically traces the bones in the foot
- A higher volume fit gives more room around the forefoot, ball of the foot and the metatarsals to provide more comfort for riders with wider feet
- Carbon injected R4 outsole is moderately stiff to give pedalling efficiency and comfort in equal amounts
- A wide vent and internal air channelling in the outsole keep the feet cool
- A cleat position that is slightly further back optimises pedalling efficiency and reduces knee compression
- Compatible with the majority of three-bolt cleats and road pedal systems
- Outsole stiffness index: 7
- Manufacturers claimed weight: 232 grams (per shoe, size 42)