Shimano Ultegra FD-R8150 Di2 12-Speed Front Derailleur
Shimano’s latest electronic Ultegra front derailleur, the 12-speed Di2 FD-R8150, is more impressive than ever, executing full-power shifts almost instantaneously. Whether connected to the shifters wirelessly or with E-tube SD300 wires, performance is never less than stellar. Bluetooth connectivity (located in the connected rear derailleur) means that certain shifting functions can be customised to personal preference using either full or semi synchronised shifting modes that can be accessed via the app. The mech will auto-trim depending on the rear derailleur’s position for a silent drivetrain and as there are no cables to stretch or get contaminated and sticky, shifting remains flawless ride after ride.
- The Di2 front derailleur's operation is pioneering, smooth shifting is guaranteed thanks to wireless communication with the gear levers. What's more, shifting the rear derailleur automatically trims the front derailleur
- Full and semi synchronised shifting programable
- Synchro shift compatible meaning a single shifter can control both front and rear shifting which can be fully custom tuned to riding preferences.
- Semi synchronised shifting means when a front shift is made the rear mech will automatically correct to the appropriate ratio
- The removal of traditional mechanical cables in favour of electrical wires not only eliminates poor shifting caused by contaminates, corrosion and stretching, but provides effortless gear shifts
- The front derailleur also trims automatically; the cage moves in response to the position of the rear derailleur on the cassette to ensure no chain rub and a quiet unobtrusive ride
- Designed to work with the wider gear pitch spacing Shimano chainsets without sacrificing shifting performance on bikes with 135 / 142mm O.L.D.
- Braze-on fit as standard; if the bike does not have a braze-on mount, seat tube adapters are available
- 12-speed E-tube SD300 wire compatible