Specialized S-Works Prevail 3 Helmet
An all-rounder that excels when the sun is beating down or the road is pointing up, the Specialized S-Works Prevail 3 Helmet is Specialized's most ventilated to date. Re-writing the rulebook, foam bridges have been removed from the centre to create thru-air channels, essentially increasing ventilation surface area by 24.5% compared to the S-Works Prevail II Vent.
Previously, EPS foam has been used to dissipate energy in the event of an impact. Extensive research and development led to Specialized minimising use of conventional EPS foam, coming up with a more innovative solution. AirCage technology incorporates woven aramid cables that traverse the helmet and are connected to carbon side panels. When impact occurs, AirCage acts like a suspension bridge, effectively distributing force. As well as enhancing safety, this system is responsible for the significant increase in airflow. Accompanying AirCage is MIPS' Air Node, their lightest rotational impact protection system, which is incorporated into the padding for improved comfort and integration, with the same safety advantages.
Fit can be dialled in to suit a wider range of head sizes and shapes thanks to the use of a Mindset micro-dial system and Occipital Base Adjustment, and a tri-fix web splitter ensures strap comfort.
ANGi-ready, sensor available to be purchased separately.
- Air-blocking foam bridges have been eliminated from the centre, effectively creating thru-air channels that increase the surface area of ventilation by 24.5% compared to the S-Works Prevail II Vent helmet
- Woven aramid cables traverse the helmet and are anchored to carbon fibre side panels
- Patent-pending AirCage technology works as a suspension bridge and is designed to distribute localised forces throughout the helmet
- AirCage innovation increases airflow
- MIPS Air Node is MIPS' lightest and most ventilation-focused safety solution - 5-star Virginia Tech® helmet rating
- Precision, full wrap polycarbonate shell increases durability and gives a premium finish
- ANGi-ready, ultra-light Mindset micro-dial fit system with height adjustability offers the perfect fit
- Adjustable tri-fix web splitter boosts comfort through a personalised fit
- Occipital Base Adjustment optimises comfort by personalising fit to individual head shape
- Helmet angle can be optimised for compatibility with glasses
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 250 grams (small) / 260 grams (medium) / 300 grams (large)