Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
Combining a multitude of traits that have been conceived in the brand's aero development lab, the Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset offers a versatile performance that is suitable for almost any riding scenario. Equally at home when surging up steep inclines as it is when soloing against the clock, the 404 Firecrest always delivers an admirable performance.
The full carbon rims have a 58mm deep profile that has been shaped after an extensive development procedure to result in a balanced combination of low drag and stability. These traits facilitate quick and predictable riding in real-world conditions. ABLC dimpled impressions supplement the rim's advanced profile by attaching a slippery boundary layer of air to its surface to lower drag further.
The wide internal rim measurement offers compatibility with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres. This increased stance provides more support to a tyre to bring about an increased air volume and stouter tyre-to-road footprint. These newly realised tyre characteristics result in lowered rolling resistance, increased cornering traction and superior vertical compliance.
The ZR1 disc brake specific hubs house smooth and sealed bearings for the longevity of performance. A Center Lock disc interface ensures a positive braking sensation while the 66 point freehub engagement provides near-instant power transfer. The build is completed by the strong Sapim CX-Sprint spokes that are laced in reliable and neat 2-cross patterns.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock rings
- A wheelset that combines a multitude of traits to offer a versatile performance within any riding situation
- The full carbon rims are realised from high-grade materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio and strength
- 58mm deep, aerodynamically refined rim profiles simultaneously lower drag and improve crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 DB hubs are Center Lock compatible, have super smooth bearings, durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with an aerodynamically refined profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: 2-cross / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke counts: Front: 24 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: ZR1 Disc Brake / Rear: ZR1 Disc Brake with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 839 grams / Rear: 981 grams / Wheelset: 1820 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.