Bell Full-9 Fusion MIPS MTB Full Face Helmet
Bell’s Full-9 Fusion MIPS MTB Full Face Helmet is the no-compromise option for riders who like to go big in the bike park or hit the downhill runs hard. The lightweight fibreglass shell and chin guard feature plenty of ventilation from the various vents and ports, including Bell’s Overbrow Ventilation design which channels air into the brow of the helmet itself and over the head. X-Static padding is quick to dry and includes silver fibres which prevent the formation of odour-causing bacteria, keeping the helmet feeling fresh for longer.
Safety is paramount for the Full-9 Fusion Helmet, with a number of extra features to help prevent injury. Foremost of these is the inclusion of MIPS, which allows the helmet to rotate on the head in the event of a glancing impact without transmitting those shearing forces to the rider. Both the visor and the integrated camera mount use breakaway screws so that if caught by a tree branch or snagged in a crash, the screws will break rather than wrench the head around.
- MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) - A leading slip-plane technology designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts
- X-Static padding: Quick-drying materials, woven with real silver fibres, inhibit the growth of odour-causing bacteria and fungi
- Overbrow Ventilation features intake ports on the brow of the helmet to usher in cool air and push it through the air-channel matrix for full-head ventilation
- Fibreglass shell
- Flying Bridge visor: Originally developed for moto use, this visor's side-mounted screws are easy to adjust, even while wearing gloves
- Breakaway screws
- Integrated breakaway camera mount requiring no zip ties or tape, designed to "break away" upon impact to reduce the risk of injury
- CPSC Bicycle, ASTM F1952-00 (Downhill), ASTM F2032-06 (BMX)
- 10 helmet vents, 3 brow ports
- Claimed manufacturer weight: 1,080 grams (size M)