Bell Z20 Aero MIPS Road Helmet
For riders striving for speed, there's the Bell Z20 Aero MIPS Road Helmet - delivering uncompromising aerodynamic performance without losing out on comfort, fit or function. Its sleek silhouette cuts through the air as you move to minimise drag and help boost those all-important marginal gains, whilst impact management is tackled by MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) and the layering of variable densities of EPS foam, which serves to distribute energy and protect your head when you need it most. MIPS is activated in the first five to ten milliseconds of an impact, and works to channel forces away from the brain by allowing the head to move separately to the helmet. This enhances protection against angled impacts most likely to cause brain injuries.
Though this helmet features fewer vents than its less aero counterparts, Overbrow Ventilation comes into play to draw air in through the intake ports at the brow and distribute it over the whole head for increased airflow when you're putting in the work. Lightweight straps are kept firmly in place by the No-Twist Tri-Glides, whilst the Float Fit race system provides an optimised fit with a simple dial and three-way adjustability versatile enough for any head size or shape. When the going gets tough, the Sweat Guide channels moisture away from eyes and eyewear for reliably clear vision and the X-Static Padding further improves moisture management with quick-drying capability. Silver fibres woven into the fabric also slow the growth of bacteria and fungi that may cause odour after a big day in the saddle.
- Float Fit Race offers a custom fit at the highest performance with three-way adjustability
- Integrated MIPS is designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts
- No-Twist Tri-Glides keep straps flat and properly positioned
- Overbrow Ventilation ushers in cool air and pushes it through the air-channel matrix for full-head ventilation
- Sweat Guide keeps moisture away from eyes and eyewear
- X-Static Padding woven with real silver fibres inhibits growth of odour-causing bacteria and fungi