WaveCel is up to 5x more effective at dissipating rotational impact than traditional foam helmets.
This unbiased assessment proved Bontrager’s WaveCel helmets provide the highest level of protection.
WaveCel enhances airflow and improves thermoregulation, allowing hot air to easily escape.
This easy to use dial offers incremental, secure adjustment to dial in your perfect fit.
Bontrager Specter WaveCel Helmet
Bucking a design trend that the cycling industry has accepted for over 30 years, Bontrager has developed the Specter WaveCel Helmet with a revolutionary collapsible cellular structure to offer the best possible impact protection for your head. Compared to an EPS foam helmet, WaveCel technology is 48 times more likely to prevent concussion in tests that simulate a typical bike crash. There is a small weight penalty of just 53 grams for this huge gain, however.
To ensure comfort out on the road, Bontrager has designed this helmet to offer excellent airflow across the head, and moisture-wicking pads to help keep you feeling fresh. It's also easy to put on with a magnetic closure buckle and Boa system closing mechanism at the back.
- WaveCel advanced helmet technology
- The Boa® system lets you easily secure and adjust helmet fit with just one hand
- Fidlock magnetic buckle fastens effortlessly for a quick, secure fit
- The highly ventilated design offers more airflow to keep you cool
- Soft, comfortable, moisture-wicking and washable helmet pads
- Reflective elements on the back of the helmet offer enhanced visibility
- The Crash Replacement Guarantee provides a free helmet replacement if involved in a crash within the first year of ownership
- Manufacturers claimed weight: 322g small, 341g medium, 380g large