Cannondale CAAD12 Road Frameset 2018
The masters of aluminium manufacture, Cannondale have surpassed themselves with this latest iteration of the CAAD12 Road Frameset. Combining the intuitive feel of aluminium with the high-grade design that has made Cannondale the go-to brand for this material, this latest model is honed down, perfected and poised. Assuring you of a responsive ride, the Cannondale CAAD12 Road Frameset 2018 is simply the only choice for the rider wanting high-grade performance for a price point that defies belief.
Composed of Cannondale's SmartFormed 6069 aluminium for the best possible durability, quality and weight, the CAAD12 is capable of going to toe-to-toe with carbon framesets costing twice the price. Supreme shaping thanks to Cannondale's secretive Tube Flow computer design leads to organically shaped tubes that retain incredibly smooth surfaces and boast asymmetric shaping to improve the stiffness that this frameset provides. With advances of 10% better stiffness made at the head tube thanks to a new hourglass shaping, and with an oversized bottom bracket area offering a 13% improvement in rigidity, this road-ready machine is ready to transfer all of your power to the road.
A full carbon fork offering a perfected rake for nimble and agile steering, you can be sure to pick the best line when heading into the corners. A frameset system weight coming in a full 200 grams lighter than its predecessor, this updated and refreshed CAAD12 is spritely on the climbs, and certainly, can form the basis of a top quality, pedigree racing machine. Clearance for tyres up to 28c, this road machine remains versatile and powerful underneath you, and the perfect basis for your next high-performance racer.
- Connected, smooth feel of aluminium
- 200 grams lighter system weight over the previous model
- Stiffness improved by 10% in the head tube and 13% at the bottom bracket
- Over 50% more vertical compliance
- SmartFormed aluminium construction
- Tube flow organic modelling for improved smooth structure and unleashing your full power
- Combines hydroforming, taper butting, mechanical shaping, 3D forging, double pass smooth welding, and post-weld heat treating for a vastly improved construction
- Frame weight of 1098 grams offers a 52 gram saving over the previous model
- Speed Save integration offers a 50% increase in vertical deflection
- 28c tyre clearance
- FRAME: Cannondale CAAD12 2018, SmartFormed 6069 Alloy frame
- FORK: Cannondale CAAD12 2018 full carbon fork
- BOTTOM BRACKET: BB30a (not included)
- FRONT MECH COMPATABILITY: Braze-on
PRODUCT REF: 764222
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more