Chris King R45D Rear Hub - CL Disc Shimano 142x12mm Thru-Axle
Perhaps the ultimate in hub upgrades, the Chris King R45D Rear Hub is compatible with centre lock disc rotors and Shimano cassettes. The 142x12mm thru-axle compatibility provides optimal power transfer through the spokes and stability to the assembly.
The lengths that Chris King go to to ensure the very best performance is impressive: the inner and outer bearing races are machined from heat treated, surgical grade steel by tools that have an identical level of wear, to ensure that the bearings and races create as little friction as possible. As the bearing tracks wear in together and burnish up they will become even freer, giving as fast a ride as possible. The Chris King signature freehub noise comes from Ringdrive, which involves 45 engaged points ensuring a virtually drag free engagement for instant power, as well as making that unmistakably great sound.
The 142x12mm thru axle will lock the hub in place, allowing the brakes and gear shifts to operate to their optimum and keep the rear wheel transmitting power to the road in maximum effort situations. The multiple splines for the centre lock disc rotor system give the hub/rotor interface a large surface area for secure engagement and stopping power.
Hubs this good deserve looking after, and they are fully serviceable to enable years and years of sterling service.
- Centre Lock disc compatibility
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- 5-year built-to-last warranty
- Compatible with 142x12mm Thru-Axles
- Patented RingDrive™ system with 45 simultaneously engaged points of contact for virtually drag free engagement
- Easily convertible axles: 135mm x 10mm QR or 142mm x 12mm thru axle rear
- Easily serviceable and completely re-buildable with the R45 Hub Service Tool
- Lockring is sold separately (PHB355) and is required for rotor installation
PRODUCT REF: 930265
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more