DT Swiss D 232 Dropper Post
Aimed squarely at XC riders, the DT Swiss D 232 Dropper Post uses an inverted design and mechanical action to give 60mm of drop. By reversing the traditional design of dropper seatposts, the internals can be mounted in the wider upper section rather than being constrained by the bike’s seat tube, which improves durability. This format also better protects the post from mud and dirt, keeping the action light and smooth and allows for the use of a saddle bag.
With a manufacturer’s claimed weight of just 369 grams, there is only a small weight penalty over normal seatposts, yet the ability to drop the saddle by 60mm at the press of a lever makes a huge difference on technical sections and steep descents. Servicing and fitting is refreshingly simple, with the cable clamp located at the lever end and the internals able to be accessed whilst the post is still in the frame. As the action is mechanically operated rather than using compressed air or hydraulics, even trailside repairs are possible and bleeding is never required.
- Designed for off-road applications where low weight and long-distance reliability are a priority
- The inverted 60mm drop design allows larger internal components as the external slider is no longer restricted by the frame's seat tube, improving durability and allowing the use of lighter materials
- One of the lightest droppers on the market, with only about a 150 gram weight penalty versus using a standard alloy post
- Mechanical design uses no hydraulic fluid or compressed air, which means the D 232 never needs to be bled and can be serviced trailside if required
- Inverted design sheds mud better, improving seal life and long term durability
- Includes a handlebar remote but is compatible with many of the aftermarket levers out there
- Seat pack compatible
- Total length: 400mm, must be run with between 210 and 310mm of extension above the seat collar with a maximum insertion of 190mm
- Internal cable routing
- Rider weight limit; 130kg
- Manufacturer’s claimed weight: 369 grams, 30.9mm, post only