DT Swiss ERC 1400 DICUT 45mm Disc Brake Wheelset
An excellent option for most types of road riding, DT Swiss puts the ERC 1400 DICUT 45mm Disc Brake Wheelset in their Endurance range as it successfully balances comfort and reliability with speed and low weight.
At its centre are a pair of DT Swiss 240 hubs, with Center Lock disc compatibility and thru-axle standard. The freehub uses the Ratchet EXP 36 system that offers near-instant pickup, great power transfer and excellent reliability as it uses a ratchet with multiple contact points rather than pawls. The hubs are laced to the rim by DT aero comp spokes, with the t-head end ensuring that the bladed spoke is always held in the proper alignment.
At 45mm deep, the carbon rims hit a sweet spot between handling, aerodynamics and weight; deep enough for significant aero gains but still shallow enough that there is very little weight penalty and so they are not overly bothered by crosswinds. As the hooked construction allows the use of both tubeless and tubed tyres, the wheelset has a huge choice of compatible tyres, but has been optimised for use with 28-32mm wide rubber. This has been facilitated by increasing the internal width of the rim to 22mm so that wider tyres are well supported when leant over into a corner, with the 28.5mm external width matching up well to the tyre’s profile for better aerodynamics.
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: 45mm
- Internal Rim Width: 22mm
- External Rim Width: 28.5mm
- Spokes: DT aero comp® t-head, two-cross with DT Pro Lock nipples
- Spoke Count: Front - 24, rear - 24
- Hubs: DT Swiss 240 Ratchet EXP 36
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12x100 thru-axle
- Rear Axle: 12x142 thru-axle
- Recommended 28-32mm tyre width
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 705 grams, rear - 823 grams, wheelset - 1528 grams
- Compatibility: Shimano / SRAM