ENVE SES 5.6 Thru-Axle Disc Clincher Wheelset with Ceramic Chris King Hubs
With a top-quality carbon construction, ENVE's SES 5.6 Thru-Axle Disc Clincher Wheelset with Ceramic Chris King Hubs will not only help you put in your best performance but also has the aesthetics to turn heads in the bunch.
This lightweight wheelset weighs in at a mere 1568 grams and has been optimised for aerodynamic performance when paired with 25mm tyres, a common choice with road riders for the added comfort, traction and efficiency they bring, over skinnier tyres. In addition, this clincher wheelset is easy to switch to a tubeless setup, for running lower air pressure and improving protection against punctures.
Chris King R45 hubs are lightweight and precision-engineered for drag reduction and almost instant engagement. Efficient power transfer ensures all your watts are translated into speed, and top-of-the-line, made-in-house ceramic bearings are what set these hubs apart from the competition, offering an unmatched ride feel. Easily serviceable and re-buildable, these hubs will last, year after year.
Constructed specifically to fit disc brake road bikes, ENVE has been able to re-design the rim, removing the brake track for a significant reduction in weight. With the majority of weight shifted to the hub, responsiveness is increased and these wheels are light, strong and fast with increased lateral stiffness and impact resistance. The stopping power of disc brakes will give you the confidence to take long fast descents at top speed with full confidence.
The differential rim depths enhance both the stability and aerodynamics. You'll have no need to worry about crosswinds affecting your performance, with a shallower 54mm front rim, and the rear 63mm depth cuts drag so you slice through the wind.
- 2 x valve stems
- 1 x roll of tape (good for taping 3 wheels)
- 2 x Pressure Relief Valve Stem Nuts
- Accessory Bag
- Wheel Manual
- Wheelbuild Card
- The fastest carbon fibre Smart ENVE System aero wheel
- Second generation SES rim profile
- Disc-specific construction with no brake tracks
- Stability in gusty conditions
- Chris King R45 hubs with ceramic bearings
- All-new rim profiles of 54mm and 63mm
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready clincher
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 54mm (front) / 63mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 19mm (front and rear)
- External rim width: 29mm (front) / 28mm (rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 550mm (front) / 533mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 24 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm (fits 23mm - 28mm)
- Rotor mounting: Centre lock
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub with ceramic bearings
- Shimano/SRAM compatible
- Front axle compatibility: Thru axle 100 x 12mm
- Rear axle compatibility: Thru axle 142 x 12mm
- Claimed rim weight: 450 grams (front) / 470 grams (rear) / 920 grams (wheelset)
- Approximate weight: 727 grams (front) / 841 grams (rear) / 1568 grams (wheelset)
- FIVE-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty and Lifetime Loyalty Guarantee
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.