FOX 38 Float Factory 170 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork
Built for big hits and chunky terrain, the FOX 38 Float Factory 170 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork delivers the composure riders need to push themselves on the world’s wildest trails. The latest chassis edition to the FOX family, it receives its name from the oversized, 38mm stanchions that highlight its rowdy intentions. The revised arch shape boosts stiffness, which is further enhanced by the use of an elliptical internal steerer shape, boosting forward and aft rigidity.
Worth the hyperbole, the GRIP2 damper is a true game-changer. Offering riders never before seen levels of adjustment, it includes FOX’s Variable Valve Control technology for simple, external tunability of what would usually require a full strip-down to achieve. The EVOL air spring increases the negative air spring volume for ultimate small bump sensitivity, which in turn amplifies traction, increasing the amount of time the tyres contact the dirt.
- New for the 38, steerer tube design incorporates elliptical shaping in taper zone, further maximising stiffness to weight ratio
- 29-inch specific model, 170mm travel
- Lower leg bleeders to equalise pressure build-up
- Revised air/oil channels
- Updated GRIP2 damper now with dual VVC (Variable Valve Control) on HSC and HSR circuits
- Matching 8-click HSC and HSR adjustment on Grip2 forks and X2 shocks
- Unique design maximises stiffness to weight and offers improved head tube clearance via radical new arch shape
- 31% stiffer transverse shear, 9% stiffer fore/aft and 20% torsionally stiffer than 36
- Updated EVOL air spring
- 58mm crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Aftermarket direct-mount mudguard available