FOX 38 Float Performance Elite 170 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork
The perfect pairing for the latest breed of long-travel enduro bikes, the FOX 38 Float Performance Elite 170 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork delivers near Factory levels of performance, without the associated price tag. All-new, the 38 platform is the latest in the FOX chassis lineup, and with its super-stiff 38mm stanchion chassis is ready to take on bike parks, backcountry gnar and everything in between.
Featuring the class-leading GRIP2 damper, this fork brings with it a never before seen level of adjustment, including FOX’s Variable Valve technology for unrivalled customisability. Taking notes from the downhill oriented FOX 40, this model features bleed valves to purge built-up air which could negatively impact the fork's performance. The new EVOL air spring sees an updated design and now has an increased negative air chamber size to enhance small bump compliance and traction.
- New for the 38, steerer tube design incorporates elliptical shaping in taper zone, further maximising stiffness to weight ratio
- 29-inch specific model, 170mm travel
- Lower leg bleeders to equalise pressure build-up
- Revised air/oil channels
- Updated GRIP2 damper now with dual VVC (Variable Valve Control) on HSC and HSR circuits
- Matching 8-click HSC and HSR adjustment on Grip2 forks and X2 shocks
- Unique design maximises stiffness to weight and offers improved head tube clearance via radical new arch shape
- 31% stiffer transverse shear, 9% stiffer fore/aft and 20% torsionally stiffer than 36
- Updated EVOL air spring
- 58mm crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Aftermarket direct-mount mudguard available