Garmin Edge 130 Plus GPS Enabled Cycling Computer
Garmin's Edge 130 Plus GPS Enabled Cycling Computer retains the compact design of its predecessor, the Edge 130, but offers a whole host of new features. It may be one of the smallest and lightest GPS bike computers in their range, however it doesn't scrimp on technology, offering a sharp, easy to read black and white display and some of the latest performance developments.
It's ideal for use when training both indoors and outside, both on and off-road, incorporating new MTB dynamics metrics Grit and Flow, so you can see not only how difficult a run was but also how you rode it, allowing you to target new bests and develop your skills. ClimbPro will provide you with information on upcoming climbs in a mapped course or along your route so you'll be well prepared and won't come upon any nasty surprises. When creating a course, this feature detects climbs and once you hit an ascent you'll get a more in-depth analysis including elevation and distance remaining, plus current gradient.
If you have specific goals you can follow training plans synced from the Garmin Connect™ app or third-party apps, and once a ride is complete, data will be automatically uploaded for viewing. Setup of the 130 is incredibly simple and intuitive, and if you're moving over from another Garmin unit to the 130 Plus your settings will be automatically pulled across. Finally, you can give friends and family peace of mind when you're out riding alone, with the new safety features. Built-in sensors detect impacts and will send a message to a pre-determined contact provided your 130 Plus is connected to your smartphone. With a battery life up to 12 hours, depending on the features being used, the Edge 130 Plus is a capable little unit that's the perfect partner even on a long day in the saddle.
In the box
- Garmin Edge 130 Plus
- Quarter turn mount
- Micro USB charge cable
- Simplified, rugged design with 1.8” display that’s crisp and easy to read in sunlight or low-light conditions
- Get training guidance by syncing structured indoor or outdoor workouts to your device from the Garmin Connect™ app or other apps, including TrainingPeaks® and TrainerRoad
- Improve your fitness with dynamic performance insights such as VO2 max and heart rate (when paired with a compatible HR monitor), and manage your efforts during tough ascents with the ClimbPro feature
- Know where you’ve been, where you’re headed and how to get back to start with turn prompts and a breadcrumb map
- Cycling awareness features give loved ones peace of mind; get incident detection and assistance — both of which send your real-time location to emergency contacts (when paired with a compatible smartphone) — plus compatibility with Varia™ rearview radar and lights
- Know how far, fast, hard and high you’ve ridden with data from GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellites and an altimeter
- Track jump count, jump distance and hang time with mountain bike dynamics
- Battery life: Up to 12 hours
- In the box: Garmin Edge 130 Plus / quarter turn mount / tether / micro USB charge cable / documentation