Lake CXZ176 Road Cycling Shoes
Whilst the Lake CXZ176 might look like normal road cycling shoes, they are quite different in a couple of very important ways. Firstly, there is a waterproof membrane liner to the shoes, so they will shrug off road spray and rain, and secondly, the toe box has 200 gram 3M Thinsulate insulation in it, so that the toes are kept toasty without compromising the fit and security of the rear of the shoe. This makes them ideal for riders who want to keep riding or training in colder conditions but don’t want the bulk and imprecision of a full winter boot or overshoes.
Elsewhere, the CXZ176 uses Lake’s usual performance features; closure is via side-mounted BOA dials for quick and easy adjustment while the sole unit is made from fibreglass injected nylon for pedalling efficiency. The fit uses Lake’s Sport last which has a fitted toe box, high arch and mid-width ball girth to hold the foot closely and balance power transfer and comfort. Drilled for three-hole cleats, they are compatible with most road pedal systems.
Please note: These shoes, whilst using waterproof materials, will not keep all water out during downpours or when subjected to heavy road spray.
- Lake Road Sport fibreglass-injected nylon outsole
- Clarino microfibre upper with a waterproof membrane liner and 200 gram 3M Thinsulate lining in the toe box
- Side-mounted IP1 BOA push/pull lacing system with releasable guides
- CX Sport Wide last: Cradles the foot securely to prevent any unwanted movement. This last features a precisely fitted toe-box, high arch and mid-width ball girth, and has a wider than standard fit
- Designed for wider feet
- Compatibility: Three-hole road cleats