Northwave Celsius R Arctic GTX Winter Road Shoes
Northwave’s Celsius R Arctic GTX Winter Road Shoes offer the neat fit of a normal shoe with the extended coverage of a boot, making them a good option for cold or damp rides. A GORE-TEX membrane keeps the wind and rain from penetrating the shoe, and although there is no added insulation, this goes a long way towards keeping the foot warmer than a normal shoe would. This is aided by the high neoprene Easyfit Climaflex collars which also features a GORE-TEX membrane and help reduce water ingress at the top of the shoe as well as forming a good seal to keep warm air inside. The final feature in terms of warmth is the Arctic 4Layer insoles, which effectively insulate the bottom of the foot.
The sole unit is compatible with most three-bolt road pedal systems and is made from carbon-reinforced NRG Air carbon for stiffness and efficiency, with grips at the heel and toe for easier walking. The closure system uses an SLW2 dial for easy adjustment, and which wraps the overlapping upper across the foot and spreads any pressure comfortably.
Please note: These shoes, whilst using waterproof materials, will not keep all water out during downpours or when subjected to heavy road spray.
- The uppers have a Koala GORE-TEX® membrane to provide insulation, wind and waterproofing and breathability
- Easyfit Climaflex collars made from GORE-TEX Rattler® and neoprene extend up the ankles for further warmth and protection
- Reinforced toe areas with anti-abrasion technology
- SLW2 dial closure system and overlapping uppers wrap securely around the foot without pressure points
- Thermoformed heel cups provide support and eliminate heel slip under power
- NRG Air carbon-reinforced soles have a stiffness index of 8, are light, vented and have heel and toe grippers
- Three bolt cleat compatibility
- Arctic 4Layer insoles are insulated and comfortable
- Reflective detailing throughout gives 360° visibility