Developed in the windtunnel as well as out on the road over the course of four years, Princeton CarbonWorks' distinctive sinusoidal rim profile varies the depth of the rim to ensure the optimum windcheating effect, while reducing weight.
Carefully considered nipple placement ensures stress levels stay more consistent across the entire rim body. This makes for a strong, stiffer and more reliable wheel.
Princeton CarbonWorks have carefully developed the rim width to optimise stability in the wind, reduce rolling resistance and improve comfort.
Tune design their hubs with durability and performance in mind and are ideal for on and off road riding, with their waterproof bearings.
Princeton CarbonWorks Grit 4540 Tubeless Disc Tune Wheelset
With their high-grade carbon construction and wind tunnel tuned, variable rim profile, the Princeton CarbonWorks Grit 4540 Tubeless Disc Brake Tune Wheelset is a versatile performer that is suited to a gamut of road and gravel riding applications.
The sophisticated grade of carbon utilised in the rims grants a perfect balance of low weight and lateral rigidity to lend consistent climbing pace and rapid acceleration, whether tackling Grand Tour style mountains or Classics themed bergs. The wave-like, multi-depth profile of the rims serves to decrease aerodynamic drag markedly while increasing stability when the wind is blowing hard from extreme yaw angles. Each bump on the rim also provides a stronger spoke nipple cradle to heighten the resilience of the wheels for when encountering the roughest of gravel tracks.
The areas of the rim between the spoke holes have been internally scalloped and these combine with the thinner and hole-less tyre beds to reduce weight without sacrificing integrity. At the same time, the 21mm internal rim width helps tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres perform with lower rolling resistance and increased comfort.
Tune King and Kong hubs are light, have super-smooth bearings and grant a solid foundation for disc brake rotors to lend positive, assured braking. A two-cross lacing pattern completes the wheelset by linking everything together with equal spoke tensions for improved reliability and reactivity.
- A light, stiff and strong carbon disc brake wheelset for a multifaceted performance on the road or across the gravel
- High-grade carbon rims are light and laterally stiff
- Wind-tunnel tuned, multi-depth sinusoidal profile blends aerodynamic performance with crosswind stability
- The multi-depth profile grants a more concave spoke nipple contact platform to reduce pinpoint stress loads
- Increased carbon material in the spoke nipple area increases strength and responsiveness
- Sculpted sections between the spoke holes keep the weight low
- Hole-less tyre bed increases stiffness further, reduces weight and negates the need for tubeless rim tape
- Wide, 21mm internal rim width reduces the rolling resistance and increases the comfort of tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyres
- Tune King and Kong hubs offer low frictional resistance, durability and a solid connection to disc brake rotors
- Two-cross lacing pattern gives even spoke tensions for reactivity and durability
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Optimised full carbon
- Rim profile: Sinusoidal, variable depth
- Rim finish: Naked satin carbon
- Rim depth: 45mm to 40mm, variable
- Internal rim width: 21mm
- External rim width: 29.9mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - two-cross / Rear - two-cross
- Spoke count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Hubs: Front - Tune King / Rear - Tune Kong
- Freehub compatibility: Shimano HG (SRAM XDR freehub available separately)
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 148mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm width and above
- Manufacturer claimed rim weight: 415 grams
- Manufacturer claimed wheel weight: Front 647 grams / Rear 783 grams / Wheelset 1430 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.