Roval Alpinist CL II Disc Wheelset
Roval’s Alpinist CL II Disc Wheelset offers low weight and high-performance thanks to its combination of clever design and quality parts. As every element of construction is done by hand, from carbon layup to spoke lacing, a fast, reliable and comfortable build is assured.
The carbon rim is 33mm deep to reduce weight, making accelerations quicker and climbing easier as well as ensuring that the bike’s handling remains stable and predictable in windy conditions. The blunt, wide profile also provides a degree of aerodynamic advantage and works superbly with tubeless tyres by both smoothing the airflow over the rim / tyre junction and supporting the tyre’s sidewall when cornering. As it has a hooked design, there are no issues using the rims with non-tubeless tyres at high pressures either and the rims can handle nearly double the impact standard test required.
The hubs are supplied by DT Swiss, with the 350 model utilising their 36t Star Ratchet internals and sealed bearings for rapid engagement and durability. Also from DT Swiss, the straightpull CompRace spokes are light, durable and readily available should a replacement be needed, although spares are also provided with the wheelset.
- Hooked design
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: 33mm
- Internal Rim Width: 27mm
- External Rim Width: 21mm
- Spokes: DT Swiss CompRace, straightpull, front - radial/two-cross, rear - two-cross
- Spoke Count: Front - 21, rear 24
- Hubs: DT Swiss 350 Straightpull, Center Lock, Star Ratchet 36t internals (10°)
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 100x12mm thru-axle
- Rear Axle: 142x12mm thru-axle
- Recommended Tyre Size: 24mm - 38mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 606 grams, rear - 769 grams, wheelset - 1,375 grams
- Compatibility: Shimano / SRAM 11-speed
- Includes: Roval rim tape, spare spoke kit