Roval Alpinist CLX Disc Front Wheel
The Roval Alpinist CLX Disc Front Wheel is the lightest road clincher that the company has ever made and has been conceived purely for raw performance when climbing. Punching over short, steep climbs or floating up gruelling mountain passes, the Alpinist CLX will help any cyclist claim that elusive KOM.
The full carbon rim features a shallow rim profile to reduce rotating weight as much as possible while also offering sublime crosswind handling. Aerodynamically tested in the companies own wind tunnel this wheel helps to save energy on flat terrain so that the rider is fresh for the climbing ahead. An internal rim width of 21mm mates the tyre to the rim with a perfect profile and this further lowers drag, decreases rolling resistance and improves cornering grip.
Clincher tyre only compatibility is a bold move, but this allows rim weight to be kept to a minimum, as extra carbon plies aren’t required to cope with the higher stresses involved with a tubeless tyre setup.
The AeroFlange hubs increase lateral rigidity via their generously spaced flanges before the excellent DT Swiss Aerolite spokes bring everything together via a meticulous hand build.
A super svelte weight of 562 grams and a rider weight limit of 109kg promotes this wheels climbing potential to a broad range of riders.
- Rim Type: Carbon, clincher (tube-type)
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Braking Surface: Disc brake only
- Rim Depth: 33mm
- Rim Width: 21mm internal, 26mm external
- Spoke Pattern: Radial/Two-cross (2:1)
- Spoke Count: 21
- Spoke Type: DT Swiss Aerolite T-head
- Nipple Type: DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal
- Front Hub: Roval AeroFlange Disc, Center Lock, Sealed Cartridge bearings, 100x12mm thru-axle
- Assembly Method: Hand-built
- Extras: Roval padded wheelbag
- No Fault crash replacement policy
- Lifetime warranty
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 562 grams
- Please note: These wheels can’t be used in a tubeless tyre setup. Only clincher tyres with inner tubes are compatible