Roval Alpinist CLX Disc Rear Wheel
The Roval Alpinist CLX Disc Rear Wheel offers a reactive and lively character when climbing thanks to a super lightweight construction. Being the lightest road clincher that the brand has ever presented, the Alpinist CLX surges up steep, punchy climbs and dances over gruelling mountain passes alike.
The carbon rim has a shallow profile with this silhouette promoting the lightest possible weight as well as composed crosswind handling. Tested in the companies own wind tunnel this wheel saves energy when the terrain is flat, aiding the rider to reach the foot of any climb with freshness and enthusiasm well intact. The internal rim width of 21mm allows clincher tyres to sit with a perfect cross-section which, in turn, facilitates even lower drag, decreased rolling resistance and enhanced cornering grip.
A clincher only format has been actioned to help realise the lightest and fastest rim and tyre configuration possible. These traits wouldn’t have been feasible if extra layers of carbon were needed to cope with the increased stresses of a tubeless tyre setup.
The broad bracing angle provided by the AeroFlange hub and the distinguished DT Swiss Aerolite spokes bestows impressive lateral rigidity before a traditional hand build guarantees trueness and strength.
Weighing in at just 686 grams, but with a rider weight limit of 109kg, permits this wheels climbing prowess to be experienced by a complete gamut of riders.
- Rim Type: Carbon, clincher (tube-type)
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Braking Surface: Disc brake only
- Rim Depth: 33mm
- Rim Width: 21mm internal, 26mm external
- Spoke Pattern: One cross/Two-cross (2:1)
- Spoke Count: 24
- Spoke Type: DT Swiss Aerolite T-head
- Nipple Type: DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal
- Rear Hub: Roval AeroFlange Disc, Center Lock, Sealed Cartridge bearings, DT Swiss EXP internals, HG Freehub, 11-speed, 142x12mm thru-axle compatible
- Assembly Method: Hand-built
- Extras: Roval padded wheelbag
- No Fault crash replacement policy
- Lifetime warranty
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 686 grams
- Please note: These wheels can’t be used in a tubeless tyre setup. Only clincher tyres with inner tubes are compatible
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.