Roval Rapide CL II Disc Brake Wheelset
Utilising the same advanced aerodynamic carbon rims as the range-topping CLX, Roval’s handbuilt Rapide CL II Disc Brake Wheelset is made for speed.
With a 50mm deep front rim and 60mm deep rear, the wheelset is incredibly quick yet is still manageable in less-than-ideal wind conditions. Meticulous testing and development resulted in a profile that reduces drag but also increases stability by 25% compared to Roval’s own previous 50mm rims. Drag is also reduced by the 30mm external width, which smooths the airflow over the problematic interface between the tyre and the rim by allowing the tyre to form a more aerodynamic shape with straighter sidewalls.
The tubeless-ready hoooked internal rim design allows high pressures to be used if required and makes mounting easier and bead retention more secure. As the wheelset includes tubeless rim tape and valves, setting them up to run tubeless is simple.
DT Swiss’ 350 hubs are renowned for their excellent value and reliable performance, with the 36t Star Ratchet system ensuring responsiveness and durability. Sealed bearings keep friction and maintenance requirements low whilst the Competition Race spokes lace the build together for a stiff and rapid ride. A spare spoke kit is included.
- Tubeless-ready, hooked
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: Front - 50mm, rear - 60mm
- External Rim Width: 30mm
- Spokes: DT Swiss, Competition Race straight pull spokes
- Spoke Count: Front - 21, rear - 24
- Hubs: DT Swiss 350 Straightpull Center Lock, Star Ratchet 36t internals (10°), Shimano RD 11-speed HG freehub
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: Thru-axle 100x12mm
- Rear Axle: Thru-axle 142x12mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 690 grams, rear - 844 grams, wheelset - 1,590 grams (including rim tape and valves)
- Compatibility: Shimano / SRAM
- Includes: Roval rim tape, spare spoke kit