Roval Rapide CLX II Disc Wheelset
Roval’s hugely impressive Rapide CLX II Disc Wheelset manages to combine speed, strength and low weight, all whilst being tubeless-ready and disc compatible.
With a claimed weight of just 1,520 grams, there are no problems when it comes to climbing, but it is on the flat that the Rapide CLX II really shines. Specific front and rear profiles allow the wheelset to perform as well aerodynamically as most 65mm rims, but is 25% more stable in crosswinds than Roval’s CLX50 wheelset. The super-wide design smooths the air over the rim / tyre junction and the hooked design means that there is the widest possible choice when it comes to tyre selection, as both tubed and tubeless setups can be used. A tiny reduction in rim size provides a modicum more slack when fitting tyres, reducing the pain of mounting too-tight tyres.
The Roval AFD hubs utilise DT Swiss’ top-tier 180 internals, with the Ratchet EXP 36 system providing incredibly rapid engagement for near-instant changes in speed. The AeroFlange hub design increases the wheels’ strength and allows for lighter spokes to be used without any disadvantages, and the SINC ceramic bearings used ensure low-friction rolling and increase durability.
- Roval rim tape
- Spare spoke and nipple kit
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: Front - 51mm, rear - 60mm
- Internal Rim Width: Front - 21mm, rear - 21mm
- External Rim Width: Front - 35mm, rear - 30.7mm
- Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite T-head with DT Swiss Hex Prolock aluminium nipples
- Spoke Count: Front - 18, rear -24
- Hubs: Roval AFD with Swiss 180 Ratchet EXP 36 internals
- Disc Standard: Center-Lock
- Front Axle: Thru-axle
- Rear Axle: Thru-axle
- Recommended Tyre Size: 24-38mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 710 grams, rear - 810 grams, wheelset - 1,520 grams
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM