Shimano ST-R7170 105 Di2 Front Flat Mount Brake Caliper
Shimano’s ST-R7170 105 Di2 Front Flat Mount Brake Caliper provides superb performance at a very reasonable price. It can be used with 140mm or 160mm rotors just by flipping the included adapter and also comes with Shimano’s brilliant L05A resin compound pads that feature cooling fins for heat dissipation and a chamfered design that makes it easier to put the wheel in.
Two 22mm pistons provide plenty of power and their ceramic construction helps insulate the fluid from any heat for fade-free consistency whilst there is now more clearance between the rotor and the pad for less chance of any rubbing. Easier maintenance has also been considered, with the caliper having a one-way internal fluid circuit to make bleeding simpler.
- High-performance low profile 105 hydraulic road disc brake for efficient braking in all conditions
- Front wheel use for flat mount forks with an adapter to flip between 140and 160mm
- Oversized 22mm ceramic pistons optimised for heat insulation, lightweight and stiffness
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Increased pad-to-rotor clearance reduces the chance of rotor drag
- Forged calliper design is lightweight and rigid
- One way internal fluid circuit makes bleeding easy
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic brake fluid
- Shim-less mounting bracket allows for quick installation and setting up
- Recommended for use with Ice Tech Center Lock SM-RT70 rotors for optimum braking performance
- Comes complete with L05A resin compound pads
- Inline hose routing for low-profile design