Shimano BR-R7170 105 Rear Flat Mount Brake Caliper
Shimano’s BR-R7170 105 Rear Flat Mount Brake Caliper offers fantastic hydraulic braking performance and easy maintenance.
It utilises two 22mm ceramic pistons for better heat insulation and more power with increased clearance to the rotor for easier wheel installation and less chance of rotor drag. L05A resin compound pads with cooling fins and chamfered edges are supplied with the caliper and it can be used with 140mm or 160mm rotors (adapter required). Bleeding and maintenance have been simplified by the one-way internal fluid circuit whilst the mineral oil brake fluid specified by Shimano is non-corrosive and less hazardous than Dot fluid.
- High-performance low profile 105 hydraulic road disc brake for efficient braking in all conditions
- Rear wheel use for 140mm flat mount frames, can be used with an adapter for 160mm
- Oversized 22mm ceramic pistons optimised for heat insulation, low weight and stiffness
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Increased pad-to-rotor clearance reduces the chance of rotor drag
- Forged caliper design is lightweight and rigid
- One-way internal fluid circuit makes bleeding easy
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic brake fluid
- Shim-less mounting bracket allows for quick installation and setting up
- Recommended for use with Ice Tech Center Lock SM-RT70 rotors for optimum braking performance
- Comes complete with L05A resin compound pads
- Inline hose routing for low-profile design