Shimano Dura-Ace R9270 Disc Brake Caliper Rear
The rear Shimano Dura-Ace R9270 Disc Brake Caliper has a forged one-piece body to maximise rigidity and reduce weight. A simplified mounting bracket allows for easy installation, and the direct flat-mount design helps speed up wheel changes. Compatibility with 140mm or 160mm rotors (with suitable adapter) is offered, allowing the rider to choose based on their preferences and body weight.
Two opposing oversized ceramic pistons grant increased braking precision, while 10% extra pad clearance helps to prevent brake drag, particularly on prolonged descents. Additionally, resin pads with integrated cooling fins further enhance brake control during heavy braking.
Maintenance is simplified thanks to refined bleed port, valve screw and hose routing designs that combine to cut workshop time for professional and home mechanics.
- Top of the range, low profile hydraulic road disc brake for efficient braking in all conditions
- Forged MONO-BODY one-piece caliper design is lightweight and rigid
- Direct flat-mount and open design allows easy and quick wheel replacement
- Shimless mounting bracket allows for quick installation and setting up
- Rear wheel use
- Oversized 22mm ceramic pistons optimised for heat insulation, low weight and stiffness
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimises pad wear
- A 10% increase in pad clearance reduces the chance of rotor drag
- Resin compound aluminium radiation fin pads improve heat dissipation
- Inline hose routing for low profile design
- Separate bleed port and valve screw for improved bleeding process
- One way internal fluid circuit makes bleeding easy
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic brake fluid
- Recommended for use with Ice Tech FREEZA Center Lock SM-MT900 rotors (available separately)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 110 grams