Shimano FC-R8000 Ultegra 11-Speed Double Chainset 46 / 36T
For the rider wanting top rate precision, construction and engineering whilst setting out to conquer the highest peak summits possible, the Shimano FC-R8000 Ultegra 11-Speed Double Chainset 46 / 36T is a fantastic choice. With every possible gram shaved, and machined meticulously to exacting standards, this is a high grade choice for top quality riding.
Making use of Shimano's HollowGlide construction technology, this chainset offers a superb level of stiffness and rigidity, allowing you to transfer all of your power to the road rather than losing it in flex. HollowGlide also improving the shaping of the teeth on your chainrings, you can be sure to benefit from a high-grade, smooth shifting and neatly machined option for riding hard, long and strong whilst remaining sure of the transfer of power in your bike. Chainring teeth designed for use exclusively with 11-speed HG-EV chains, this chainset is sure to offer direct and powerful traction.
Fitting Shimano HollowTech II bottom brackets for an unflexing connection, this chainset offers a supremely low range of gearing, ranging between 46 teeth and 36 the smaller cog, providing you with the spread to be able to spin up even the steepest climb with ease, as well as to power along the flat with real and immediate power.
- Offers an ideal balance of light weight and stiffness, making it the perfect choice for both enthusiast and competitive riders
- HollowGlide hollow outer chainring gives vast improvements in rigidity by virtually removing outer chainring flex
- Improved shift performance, even under high load
- Chainring teeth have been developed to work in conjunction with 11-speed HG-EV chains
- Industry leading HollowTech II cold forged 4 arm hollow cranks
- Wide gear pitch spacing increases clearance between chain and leading teeth
- Compatibility to frames with O.L.D. 135 / 142 mm and 410mm chain stay length
- HollowTech II integrated bottom bracket uses a wider bearing placement and larger axle diameter
- Low pitched gearing for superb and easy climbing