Shimano HG40 6/7/8-Speed Chain 116L
The Shimano HG40 116L Chain is compatible with 6, 7 and 8-speed gear setups but is particularly recommended for Altus or older Alivio and STX drivetrains. Shimano’s Hyperglide technology is used to shape the inner plates, optimising shifting performance when used in conjunction with a Hyperglide cassette. The rollers, pins and plates are all heat treated during manufacturing and this combines with the mushrooming of the pins to heighten strength, durability and side-plate retention.
The chain comes complete with a handy connecting link so that installation is quick and easy.
- Hyperglide (HG) series 6, 7, or 8-speed compatible chain, recommended for Altus and older Alivio / STX drivetrains
- 7.3mm chain width, optimised for 7 and 8-speed HG drivetrains
- HG technology has chamfered inner plates to optimise shifting performance on HG sprockets
- Durability is assured through the heat treatment of rollers, pins, and plates
- Mushrooming of the pins gives unsurpassed side-plate retention and strength
- Comes with quick and easy to use connecting link
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 335 grams (114 links)
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.