Shimano ST-R7170 105 Di2 STI Left Rear Brake Caliper
The Shimano ST-R7170 105 Di2 STI Left Rear Brake Caliper set includes the left hand shifter to operate the front derailleur, the flat mount caliper for the rear wheel and a fully bled hose.
Shimano’s latest electronic Di2 105 shifters communicate wirelessly with the frame’s derailleur and battery system, making fitting easier and the front end cleaner. Although the levers are in exactly the same place as with the mechanical STI units, all that is needed to switch chainrings is a light press on the lever for an instant change. When a different sprocket is selected at the rear, the front derailleur also moves if necessary to prevent chain rub. There are also two different shifting programmes that can be selected, with full and semi synchronised modes providing two different ways to automatically ensure that optimal cadence is maintained.
The lever units also house the reservoir for the hydraulic brakes, with the caliper featuring an auto adjust to maintain brake feel and performance as the pads wear down. Two 22mm ceramic pistons in the caliper provide plenty of power and modulation whilst the finned L05A resin compound pads have excellent temperature regulation and bite. There is a wide range of reach adjustment for the brake lever so that all hand sizes can be accommodated.
- Great value 105 wireless hydraulic disc brake Di2 STIs give you control, modulation and power with minimal effort in all riding conditions
- Wireless connectivity to the front derailleur for effortless trouble-free gear shifts
- With Di2 technology, shifting is easy and precise
- Full and semi-synchronised shifting programable
- Synchro shift compatible meaning a single shifter can control both front and rear shifting which can be fully custom tuned to riding preferences
- Semi-synchronised shifting means when a front shift is made the rear mech will automatically correct to the appropriate ratio
- Simply pressing tactile buttons allows effortless and comfortable shifting
- Drop bar STI with shift buttons located in a near identical place to the positions of mechanical Shimano STI
- Hydraulic brake lever provides excellent stopping power
- Hydraulic reservoir tank provides pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust maintaining braking performance during pad wear
- Finely tuneable reach adjusters for the levers enable custom fitment for all hands
- Levers use CR1632 batteries which last for approximately 1.5-2 years
- Kit contains bled ST-R7170 STI, BR-R7170 flat mount brake calipers with pads, hoses and mineral oil (without rotors or adapters)