Shimano ST-R7170 105 Di2 STI Right Front Brake Caliper
The ST-R7170 105 Di2 STI Right Front Brake Caliper set controls the rear, 12-speed electronic derailleur and front hydraulic caliper, which is included. It also contains a fully bled hydraulic hose.
The forged caliper is light and stiff with two ceramic pistons that prevent the heat from the brakes from reaching the hydraulic fluid whilst the auto adjust feature ensures that the feel and bite remain consistent as the pads wear down. Supplied with the caliper is a pair of Shimano’s excellent L05A resin compound pads with cooling fins for further temperature regulation.
The electronic 12-speed shifter unit communicates wirelessly with the battery and derailleur system for easier fitting and each shift only requires a light press of the lever to actuate. The levers themselves are large and textured for easy operation, even when wearing long-fingered gloves with a reach adjustment so that they can be positioned perfectly for any rider. Connection to Shimano’s E-tube app gives access to various useful metrics and battery information as well as the synchro shift and semi-synchronised shifting modes, which take over some shifting duties to keep the optimum cadence.
- Great value 105 Wireless hydraulic disc brake Di2 STIs give you control, modulation and power with minimal effort in all riding conditions
- Wireless connectivity to the rear derailleur for effortless trouble-free gear shifts
- With Di2 technology shifting is easy and precise
- Full and semi-synchronised shifting programable
- Synchro shift compatible meaning a single shifter can control both front and rear shifting which can be fully custom tuned to riding preferences
- Semi-synchronised shifting means when a front shift is made the rear mech will automatically correct to the appropriate ratio
- Simply pressing tactile buttons allows effortless and comfortable shifting
- Drop bar STI with shift buttons located in a near identical place to the positions of mechanical Shimano STI
- Hydraulic brake lever provides excellent stopping power
- Hydraulic reservoir tank provides pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust maintaining braking performance during pad wear
- Finely tuneable reach adjusters for the levers enable custom fitment for all hands
- Levers use CR1632 batteries which last for approximately 1.5-2 years
- Kit contains bled ST-R7170 STI, BR-R7170 flat mount brake calipers with pads, hoses and mineral oil (without rotors or adapters)