Shimano Ultegra R8020 Hydraulic Mechanical STI Lever Left
Shimano's Ultegra range has always aimed to provide the rider with well-engineered and hugely reliable componentry that simply improves their riding experience. With the Shimano Ultegra R8020 Hydraulic Mechanical STI Lever Left offering you a precision actuated gear changing experience alongside a graduated, long-lasting and flawless hydraulic braking system, you can be sure of complete control over your performance.
Ergonomically optimised with a shifting arc designed to follow the natural course of the hand on the inwards shift stroke, you can benefit from a slick, intuitive and natural gear changing experience that improves the feel of this gear changing unit. Mechanically actuated, a re-development and positioning of the internal mechanism in combination with internally polymer-coated cables, shifting is lighter than before. A vivid indexing system retaining tension, you needn't fear having to really reach for that last gear, as all changes can be affected with the same movement and energy input. Tunable reach offering even greater comfort, or the rider who enjoys resting in the hoods, this is an easy choice for long and fast days in the saddle.
Compatible with Hydraulic disc brakes, this left-hand lever is equipped with a hydraulic reservoir tank that allows for a pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust feature, meaning that you need never be slowed down and held back by an annoying rub, and nor will you ever experience uneven pad wear. With the lasting power of metered hydraulic braking, you can be sure to call upon a reliable and constant braking force in all conditions. Giving you great power even when riding in the hoods, you can be sure to stop in a hurry when you need to.
- Shifting pattern and arc normalised to match that of the hand
- Improved ergonomics
- Hydraulic braking for incredible stopping power and performance
- Equal force for changes at either end of your cassette
- Precision-engineered Ultegra STI lever with hydraulic disc brakes give you control, modulation and power with minimal effort in all riding conditions
- Shift cables are routed under the bar tape: re-development and positioning of the internal mechanism in combination with Polymer coated cables have made this possible, providing faster, lighter and smoother shifting
- Vivid indexing provides a constant amount of shift lever force across all 11 sprockets
- Ergonomic shift arc follows natural hand movement with inward shift stroke distance reduced for rapid and precise gear changes
- Hydraulic brake lever provides excellent stopping power with less effort especially from the hood position
- Hydraulic reservoir tank provides pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust maintaining braking performance during pad wear
- Free stroke adjustment for pad to rotor contact setting
- Tuneable reach adjuster enables custom fitment for all hands