Shimano Ultegra R8020 Hydraulic Mechanical STI Lever Right
A lever is there to give you control, but looking down the tech specification of the Shimano Ultegra R8020 Hydraulic Mechanical STI Lever Right, it's clear that this Japanese bastion of the bike industry has gone further.
Shifting using traditional mechanical means, this STI lever has been redesigned and re-engineered in order to reposition the internal mechanism for greater shifting efficiency. Cables routed under bar tape in order to avoid ghost shifting, this shifter makes use of Polymer-coated cables for fast, light and smooth shifting at every possible juncture. With vivid indexing providing a constant amount of shift lever force across all sprockets, this lever allows you to reach within set parameters for the next gear, and that you can put in the equal effort each time you use this lever.
Hugely comfortable thanks to the ergonomic design, these levers mimic the natural sweep of the hand in the use of the gear changing ark, making breezing up and down your gearing an easy and intuitive experience.
Equipping you with hydraulic braking, you can be sure to benefit from powerful and responsive braking performance in an instant. A hydraulic reservoir offering an auto-adjust between rotor and pad, you can be sure that you'll not experience rubs or uneven wear out on the road.
- Shifting pattern and arc normalised to match that of the hand
- Improved ergonomics
- Hydraulic braking for incredible stopping power and performance
- Equal force for changes at either end of your cassette
- Precision-engineered Ultegra STI lever with hydraulic disc brakes give you control, modulation and power with minimal effort in all riding conditions
- Shift cables are routed under the bar tape: re-development and positioning of the internal mechanism in combination with Polymer coated cables have made this possible, providing faster, lighter and smoother shifting
- Vivid indexing provides a constant amount of shift lever force across all 11 sprockets
- Ergonomic shift arc follows natural hand movement with inward shift stroke distance reduced for rapid and precise gear changes
- Hydraulic brake lever provides excellent stopping power with less effort especially from the hood position
- Hydraulic reservoir tank provides pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust maintaining braking performance during pad wear
- Free stroke adjustment for pad to rotor contact setting
- Tuneable reach adjuster enables custom fitment for all hands