Shimano Ultegra 8070 Front Flat Mount Caliper
For the rider looking for the best possible braking experience on the bike, the Shimano Ultegra R8070 Front Flat Mount Caliper provides the most even, modulated and powerful braking you've yet experienced.
Working as a hydraulic setup by means of the non-corrosive mineral oil brake fluid, this flat mounting front caliper works with 140mm rotors as standard but can be adapted for use with a 160mm diameter rotor with ease. A one-way internal fluid circuit and easily adjusted and bled, this caliper benefits from increased clearances to assure you that your rotors won't ever catch or drag when riding.
A shim-less mounting system allowing for easy installation, this forged caliper is lightweight and strong. With oversized 22mm ceramic pistons optimised for heat insulation, Shimano recommends that you use its own Ice-Tech Freeza Centre-Lock SM-RT800 disc rotors for a top of the line, heat managed performance.
- Light weight and efficient braking
- Front wheel use for flat mount forks
- Adapter allows interchange between 140mm and 160mm rotors
- Oversized 22mm ceramic pistons optimised for heat insulation, lightweight and stiffness
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect
- Optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Increased pad to rotor clearance
- Direct flat mount and open design allows easy and quick wheel replacement
- Forged calliper design is lightweight and rigid
- One way internal fluid circuit
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive
- Shim-less mounting bracket allows for quick installation
- Recommended for use with Ice Tech FREEZA Centre-Lock SM-RT800 rotors
- Comes complete with resin compound aluminium radiation fin pad
- Inline hose routing for low profile design