Shimano Ultegra R8170 Disc Brake Caliper Front
Part of Shimano’s latest Ultegra groupset, the R8170 Front Disc Brake Caliper provides great control and modulation thanks to the opposed 22mm ceramic pistons. Heat insulation and dissipation on long, technical descents are helped both by the ceramic material and the fins on the resin pads, ensuring that power is consistent and fade-free all the way down.
Designed to work with 140mm or 160mm rotors using the adapter, the fork-mounted caliper is compact and lightweight, yet now offers 10% more pad clearance than the previous iteration to reduce the chance of rotor contact. Ease of maintenance is also improved, with the one-way internal fluid circuit making bleeding simpler and the use of non-corrosive mineral oil brake fluid.
- Ultegra hydraulic road disc brake offers an ideal balance of light weight and efficient braking, making it the perfect choice for both enthusiast and competitive riders
- Front wheel use for flat mount forks with adapter to flip between 140 and 160mm
- Oversized 22mm ceramic pistons optimised for heat insulation, lightweight and stiffness
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Increased pad to rotor clearance reduces the chance of rotor drag
- Direct flat mount and open design allows easy and quick wheel replacement
- Forged calliper design is lightweight and rigid
- One-way internal fluid circuit makes bleeding easy
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic brake fluid
- Shim-less mounting bracket allows for quick installation and setting up
- Recommended for use with Ice Tech FREEZA Center Lock SM-MT800 rotors for optimum braking performance
- Comes complete with resin compound aluminium radiation fin pad further improves heat dissipation reducing brake surface temperature by 50°C
- Inline hose routing for low profile design
- Separate bleed port and valve screw for improved bleeding process
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".