Silca HX1 Home & Travel Tool Drive Kit In Wood Box
Having the right tools for the job is critical, but then you also need them to be of sufficient quality to get the job done without causing damage. The Silca HX1 Home & Travel Tool Drive Kit has all the bits for any modern bicycle fastener.
This transportable kit contains six Torx bits (T8, T10, T15, T20, T25, T30), two Philips heads, two flat heads and eight hex keys (2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 mm). These are interchangeable thanks to the proprietary SILCA 17-4 Stainless Magnetic Adapter. With a simple, but effective, magnetic click this can turn the 6 mm Hex Key into a ¼” socket drive which can fit any common ¼” driver bit.
The real selling point surprisingly though is not the completeness of this kit, but rather the quality of the parts in it. Silca studied the effects of using cheaper, softer and less precise tools and the potentially damaging effect was striking. This leads them to develop far tougher, more durable and dimensionally accurate tools.
Starting with the premium in S-2 Tool Steel, due to its refinement by Swiss and German toolmakers that makes it perfect in terms of strength, hardness, shock resistance and dimensional control. The tools then receive a coating of thin-dense Chrome to further enhance strength and dimensional stability. The finishing touch is applied by the addition of a coating of textured polymer. This final step is to give you maximum grip and control.
Even the box is superbly engineered, being CNC machined from sustainable Beech Wood, with each tool bit fitting in a specific slot into which they click securely.
- Tool kit
- Comes in wooden box for organisation and transport (bits click into place)
- S-2 steel hex keys: 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 mm
- Philips head bits: #1 and #2
- Flat head bits: #0.5 and #1
- Torx bits: T8, T10, T15, T20, T25, T30
- More precise and harder means they do not damage your parts
- Thin-dense Chrome coating
- Starting material: S-2 Tool Steel - shock resistant refined by Swiss and German toolmakers
- Spray coating: high-grip, high-visibility textured polymer - maximises grip and control
- Proprietary SILCA 17-4 Stainless Magnetic Adapter - turns the 6mm Hex Key into a ¼” socket drive which can fit any common ¼” driver bit
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.