Specialized S-Works Ares Road Cycling Shoes
Two BOA Li2 dials feature per shoe with the top dial being arranged with a three-point anchoring system to reduce pressure hot spots and to lock the fit around the metatarsals for increased pedalling efficiency. The lower BOA dial is positioned nearer the toes and tightens independently to grant a personalised level of fit.
An innovative, tongueless sock-like upper is realised in a super soft and stretchy material to donate sublime comfort. This upper integrates Dyneema fibres, that are 15 times stronger than steel, in refined quantities across specific areas to heighten foot support during high-intensity efforts. The security offered by this upper is complemented by the PadLock heel construction that eliminates slipping at the rear of the foot.
Body Geometry features such as a Longitudinal Arch to prevent foot arch collapse, a knee aligning Varus Wedge and a numbness-reducing Metatarsal Button combine to add up to seven watts to the rider's output and reduce the incidence of overuse injuries. The lightweight FACT Powerline sole completes the S-Works Ares, using its stiffness index of 15.0 to maximise power transfer during sprints and demanding climbs. This sole has titanium nuts that offer good adjustability with three-bolt cleats and a non-slip, replaceable heel pad.
For more in-depth information on the Specialized S-Works Ares Road Cycling Shoes, read our first look article.
- A state-of-the-art road shoe boasting enhanced efficiency and comfort
- BOA Li2 dials are positioned in a twin formation to lock the fit around the metatarsals and prevent foot roll
- Super comfortable tongueless, sock-like upper is reinforced with Dyneema for increased foot support
- Body Geometry Longitudinal Arch is moulded into the outsole to prevent foot arch collapse
- Body Geometry Varus Wedge concept subtly tilts the foot outwards to improve knee alignment
- Body Geometry insoles have a Metatarsal Button to reduce pressure on the blood vessels and nerves
- Form Fit last gives plenty of room for the toes to prevent numbness
- PadLock heel construction prevent slipping at the rear of the foot
- Specialized’s lightest FACT Powerline carbon sole has a stiffness of 15.0 to maximises power transfer
- Titanium alloy nuts fit all major 3-hole cleats and offer 5mm of fore-aft adjustment
- Non-slip, replaceable heel pad
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 220 grams per shoe (size 42)
Specialized S-Works Ares Road Cycling Shoes Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.