Specialized S-Works Recon Lace Gravel and MTB Shoes
Extensively developed with Specialized athletes, both professional and amateur, the S-Works Recon Lace Shoes blend unmistakable style with enhanced efficiency and comfort to become an optimum choice for the most challenging gravel and MTB adventures. A brand new L.A.C.E. closure system incorporates a traditional laced format to enhance aesthetics and grant an evenly tightening, personalised fit. This simplified lace system removes excess material across the top of the feet and combines with the welded mesh and Dyneema uppers to provide a flexible, soft and supportive feel. The uppers also include a reinforced section around the toes to protect them from rock strikes.
Underneath, the 100% carbon soles have a stiffness index of 13.0 to guarantee excellent power transfer and are finished with a protective layer of carbon on their exteriors to combat scuffs and scrapes. Realised via Specialized’s Body Geometry concept, these soles incorporate Longitudinal Arches to stabilise the structure of the feet and Varus Wedges that subtly tilt the feet outwards for improved knee alignment. Additionally, the insoles have integrated Metatarsal Buttons that reduce numbness by relieving pressure on blood vessels and nerves.
Rubber tread on the heels and toes help when walking off the bike, and replaceable toe spikes afford grip for those hike-a-bike moments. TPU pontoons stabilise the engagement of the cleats with the pedals, while extended cleat attachment slots allow for more precise positioning.
- Super-stylish gravel/MTB shoes boasting enhanced efficiency and comfort
- Developed in conjunction with Specialized athletes, both professional and amateur
- L.A.C.E. closure system incorporates evenly tightening laces for a highly personalised fit
- The simplified lace system removes excess material to create a plusher fit and feel
- Welded mesh/TPU and Dyneema upper is supple yet supportive and provides a soft, flexible fit that won't stretch
- 100% carbon soles with a stiffness index of 13.0 ensure tremendously efficient power transfer
- Woven carbon is used on the outside surface of the soles for impact protection
- Body Geometry Longitudinal Arches are moulded into the soles to prevent the arches of the feet collapsing
- Body Geometry Varus Wedge concept subtly tilts the feet outwards to improve knee alignment
- Body Geometry insoles have a Metatarsal Button to spread the toes and reduce pressure on blood vessels and nerves
- TPU pontoons on the soles create stable engagement with the pedal
- SlipNot rubber heel and toe tread provides confidence off the bike
- Replaceable toe spikes allow traction adjustment inline with specific terrain
- External toe cap for protection against rock strikes
- The cleat attachment hardware is made from durable Ti-alloy
- Extended cleat attachment slots allow the cleats to be positioned 5mm further back
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 280 grams, per shoe, size 42