The wide internal width boosts the tyre profile to enhance comfort, grip and lower rolling resistance.
With a high strength to weight ratio, these spokes are a premium option for any quality wheel build.
Lightweight and reliable, these hubs are the benchmark for performance road cycling.
All Vel wheel models from 28 Alloy up to 85 Carbon RL and RSL are now officially competition approved.
Vel 3850 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset
Aiming to balance weight, handling and aerodynamics, Vel’s 3850 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset utilises a 38mm deep front rim and a 50mm deep rim at the rear, both made from Toray 24/30T carbon for high strength and low weight. The rims are wide too, with the 27.5mm width providing a smooth transition between the rim and tyre for less drag. Tubeless tape is pre-installed onto the rims and valves are supplied, making the conversion to tubeless tyres easy.
A real boon at this price, the wheels roll on high-quality DT Swiss 240 EXP hubs with sealed bearings for a smooth, low friction ride. The 36 tooth ratchet freehub ensures instantaneous power transfer for climbing or sprinting out of corners whilst also spreading the load more evenly for greater dependability. As the wheels are designed for disc brake use, they also have 12mm thru-axles to help with strength and stiffness, and the Center Lock rotor mounting interface helps provide positive, accurate braking. Sapim's renowned CX-Ray spokes complete the build.
Spare spokes are supplied with the wheelset for ease of maintenance or repair if required.
Crash replacement policy
Crashes, unexpected accidents and falls can happen under normal riding conditions, therefore if your product has been registered within 3 months of purchase we will offer to replace it with the identical or equivalent product up to 40% off RRP within the first 3 years of ownership. This crash replacement policy only applies to the original owner.
Vel wheels come with a two-year limited warranty for manufacturing or material defects that would appear during normal use, with the exception of wear and tear parts. The warranty is extended to 3 years if registered within the first 3 months from the purchase date.
- Clincher / tubeless-ready clincher tyre compatible
- Double wrapped with tubeless rim tape
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Toray 24/30T carbon
- Rim ERD (Effective Rim Diameter): Front - 563mm / rear - 539mm
- Rim Depth: Front - 38mm / rear - 50mm
- Internal Rim Width: 20.3mm
- External Rim Width: 27.5mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray, straight pull, 14g, two-cross lacing
- Spoke Count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Hubs: DT Swiss 240 EXP, sealed bearings, 36 tooth ratchet
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12x100mm
- Rear Axle: 12x142mm
- Recommended Tyre Size: 25-34mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 660 grams / Rear - 790 grams / Wheelset - 1,450 grams
- Maximum Tyre Pressure: 120psi
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM / SRAM XDR / Shimano Microspline
- Includes: Spare spokes and tubeless valves
- Maximum system weight: 110kg