The wide internal width boosts the tyre profile to enhance comfort, grip and lower rolling resistance.
Practical and corrosion resistant, brass nipples are used to reduce the risk of seized spokes.
With a high strength to weight ratio, these spokes are a premium option for any quality wheel build.
Lightweight and reliable, these hubs are the benchmark for performance road cycling.
Vel 50 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset
For all-round performance on varied parcours, Vel’s handbuilt 50 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset should be the go-to option. The 50mm deep Toray 24/30T carbon rim balances aerodynamics with handling and weight, so it won’t be found wanting on flat, high-speed roads but neither will it get left behind in the mountains. At 27.5mm wide, the rim helps smooth airflow over the junction with the tyre and adds good support for the tyre sidewalls when cornering hard. The extra tyre volume it provides comes in handy too, increasing comfort and grip whilst lowering rolling resistance. These benefits are even more pronounced if the wheel’s tubeless capability is taken advantage of, and the rims are supplied with tubeless tape fitted for a headstart.
The high-quality DT Swiss 240 EXP hubs offer thru-axles, Center Lock rotor fitting and sealed bearings, ensuring that the steering is sharp and power transfer efficient, whilst the 36 tooth ratchet engagement ring gives instant response to pedal inputs. Sapim’s renowned CX-Ray spokes and brass nipples tie the compelling package together, further improving stiffness, reliability and efficiency.
Crash replacement policy
Crashes, unexpected accidents and falls can happen under normal riding conditions, therefore if your product has been registered within 3 months of purchase we will offer to replace it with identical or equivalent product up to 40% off RRP within the first 3 years of ownership. This crash replacement policy only applies to the original owner.
Vel wheels come with a two year limited warranty for manufacturing or material defects that would appear during normal use, with the exception of wear and tear parts. The warranty is extended to 3 years if registered within the first 3 months from purchase date.
- Clincher / tubeless-ready clincher tyre compatible
- Double wrapped with tubeless rim tape
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Toray 24/30T carbon
- Rim ERD (Effective Rim Diameter): 539mm
- Rim Depth: Front - 50mm
- Internal Rim Width: 20.3mm
- External Rim Width: 27.5mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray, straight pull, 14g, two-cross lacing with brass nipples
- Spoke Count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Hubs: DT Swiss 240 EXP, sealed bearings, 36 tooth ratchet
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12x100mm
- Rear Axle: 12x142mm
- Recommended Tyre Size: 25-34mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 700 grams / Rear - 790 grams / Wheelset - 1,490 grams
- Maximum Tyre Pressure: 120psi
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM / SRAM XDR / Shimano Microspline
- Includes: Spare spokes, nipples and tubeless valves
- Maximum system weight: 110kg