The wide internal width boosts the tyre profile to enhance comfort, grip and lower rolling resistance.
With a high strength to weight ratio, these spokes are a premium option for any quality wheel build.
Lightweight and reliable, these hubs are the benchmark for performance road cycling.
All Vel wheel models from 28 Alloy up to 85 Carbon RL and RSL are now officially competition approved.
Vel 85 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset
Vel’s fastest wheels, the 85 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset are a great handbuilt option for time trials or triathlons, with the 85mm deep rims providing plenty of wind-cheating advantage. At 27.5mm wide, the rims allow the tyres to open up to maximum air volume for the greatest grip and lowest rolling resistance along with more comfort. The width also means that the tyre forms a U shape rather than a light bulb shape on the rim which adds cornering stability and forms a smoother junction with the rim for better airflow. As the rims are tubeless-compatible and are supplied taped and with valves, converting them to use without an inner tube is simple and furthers the advantages of low rolling resistance and grip without the risk of pinch punctures.
DT Swiss provides the premium hubs, in the form of their excellent 240 EXP model with a 36 tooth ratchet engagement system at the back for instant power transfer and responsiveness. A large number of contact points also adds to the reliability and reduces wear on the internal parts. Center Lock rotor and thru-axle compatibility help keep the stiffness, strength and braking feel up, whilst fitting most modern disc road bikes. Sapim’s well-proven CX-Ray spokes also add to the build’s stiffness and performance, with spare spokes provided for easier maintenance.
Crash replacement policy
Crashes, unexpected accidents and falls can happen under normal riding conditions, therefore if your product has been registered within 3 months of purchase we will offer to replace it with identical or equivalent product up to 40% off RRP within the first 3 years of ownership. This crash replacement policy only applies to the original owner.
Vel wheels come with a two year limited warranty for manufacturing or material defects that would appear during normal use, with the exception of wear and tear parts. The warranty is extended to 3 years if registered within the first 3 months from purchase date.
- Clincher / tubeless-ready clincher tyre compatible
- Double wrapped with tubeless rim tape
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Toray 24/30T carbon
- Rim ERD (Effective Rim Diameter): 469mm
- Rim Depth: Front - 85mm / rear - 85mm
- Internal Rim Width: 20.3mm
- External Rim Width: 27.5mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray, straight pull, 14g, two-cross lacing
- Spoke Count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Hubs: DT Swiss 240 EXP, sealed bearings, 36 tooth ratchet
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12x100mm
- Rear Axle: 12x142mm
- Recommended Tyre Size: 25-34mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 860 grams / Rear - 950 grams / Wheelset - 1,810 grams
- Maximum Tyre Pressure: 120psi
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM / SRAM XDR / Shimano Microspline
- Includes: Spare spokes and tubeless valves
- Maximum system weight: 110kg