Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset blends a nimble character with advanced materials to award performance for whenever the road points towards the sky. Whether attacking an alpine pass or powering up a local climb during a KOM attempt, the 202 Firecrest delivers with aplomb.
State of the art materials and resins are incorporated into the rim construction, and these naturally grant lateral rigidity for responsive power transfer. This carbon composite is laid into a shallow, 32mm deep rim profile that cuts rotating weight to a minimum for consistent climbing speed or immediate acceleration. Velocity through the valleys and across the plains is catered for by the ABLC rim surface dimples. These impressions work by smoothing the airflow around the rim body, lowering drag in the process and saving the rider energy for the climbs that lay ahead.
The 21mm internal rim width mates perfectly with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres and coerces them into a superior cross-sectional silhouette. This altered tyre shape increases the air volume and alters the tyre-to-road impression into a shorter, but fatter shape. These refined traits collaborate to improve the ride sensation by lowering rolling resistance, increasing comfort and maximising cornering traction.
Smooth, well-sealed bearings offer longevity of performance and are encased within the svelte ZR1 disc brake specific hubs. These hubs have Center Lock disc interfaces for a consistent braking sensation while the freehub features a 66 point engagement for a near-immediate pedalling response. Sapim CX-Ray spokes complete the build by linking the rims and the hubs in neat, 2-cross lacing patterns that award reliability and strength.
- 12mm hub end caps
- QR hub end caps
- Center Lock lock rings
- A reactive and nimble wheelset that excels whenever the road points uphill
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- Shallow, 32mm deep rim profile cuts rotating weight to a minimum for reactive climbing and acceleration and is easy to handle on windy descents
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surface's to improve aerodynamics
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip and is designed to be aerodynamically superior with 28mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 DB hubs are Center Lock compatible, have super smooth bearings, durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon rim ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 32mm
- Internal rim width: 21mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: 2-Cross / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 24 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: ZR1 Disc Brake / Rear: ZR1 Disc Brake with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 28mm tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 100psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 719 grams / Rear: 839 grams / Wheelset: 1558 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.