Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset
The 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset utilises a 45mm deep rim which features drag-reducing dimples for superb aerodynamic performance and crosswind stability. Braking performance in the wet and the dry is greatly improved by the ShowStopper textured carbon brake track, which also allows for better feel and modulation. Tubeless compatibility means that it can be used with or without inner tubes for maximum flexibility and with an overall claimed weight of just a little over 1,500 grams they perform as well in the mountains as they do on the flats.
Sapim’s renowned CX Sprint J-bend spokes provide a strong and comfortable connection to the hubs, with a radial front build and two-cross rear, and also make maintenance a little simpler too. The hubs are Zipp’s new ZR1 and have stainless steel cartridge bearings for simplicity and longevity, with the rear using a six pawl design and an aluminium driver body.
- Quick-release skewers
- QR end caps
- ABLC™ Sawtooth™ Technology, ShowStopper™ textured braking surface
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: 45mm
- Internal Rim Width: 19mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX Sprint, 18 radial front, 24 2-cross rear
- Spoke Count: 18 front, 24 rear
- Hubs: ZR1
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 688 grams, rear 842 grams, wheelset 1,530 grams
- Compatibility: SRAM/Shimano, SRAM XDR