Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel
The Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel performs across a complete spectrum of riding scenarios thanks to its comprehensive blend of pioneering design and sophisticated materials. Whether climbing the steepest and longest of mountain passes, surging across windswept plains or exploring gravel paths the 303 Firecrest functions with an admirable air of assurance.
State-of-the-art carbon materials and resins are utilised within the rim structure, and these elicit a low weight and high lateral stiffness. This advanced material is moulded into a wide profile that has been honed via Zipp's AeroBalance concept that combines the wind tunnel and real-world riding scenarios to bring about incredibly low drag numbers and industry-leading crosswind stability. An innovative dimple pattern complements this by smoothing the airflow across the rim's surface to increase speed further.
A hookless design has been incorporated into the inner rim structure, and this is combined with Tubeless Made Easy technology to induce superior performance with tubeless-ready tyres, whether out on the road or during installation. The broad width of the rim gleans the maximum from a tyre's performance potential by holding it in a superior fashion to give a refined cross-sectional silhouette. This optimised shape alters the tyre-to-road footprint and increases the air volume to markedly lower rolling resistance, enhance compliance and boost cornering grip.
The disc brake specific hub is Center Lock compatible, features stainless steel bearings for a smooth-rolling sensation and a 66 point ratchet engagement freehub for instant power transfer. Sapim CX-Sprint spokes link everything together via a 2-cross lacing pattern to generate increased torsion resistance and robustness.
- Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A wheel that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, low weight, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort for a multifaceted performance
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 40mm rim depth offers performance in any riding situation
- AeroBalance derived rim profile simultaneously lowers drag, improves crosswind stability and provides a turbulence reducing rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide, 25mm internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Hookless rim is designed with Tubeless Made Easy technology to take advantage of and ease the installation of tubeless tyres as well as smoothing the rim-to-tyre interface for lower drag
- A low overall weight promotes enhanced climbing and acceleration
- ZR1 DB hub is German engineered, Center Lock compatible has super smooth bearings, durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Please note: The Zipp 303 Firecrest is designed for use with tubeless-ready tyres only
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined AeroBalance profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim Depth: 40mm
- Internal Rim Width: 25mm
- Rim Internal Format: Hookless, featuring the Tubeless Made Easy concept
- External Rim Width: 30mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke Count: 24
- Hub: ZR1 Disc Brake with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub Compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake Compatibility: Disc
- Disc Standard: Centre Lock
- Rear Axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended Tyre Size: 28mm to 55mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: 73psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 739 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".