Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
The Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset has been conceived to offer a genuinely multifaceted performance across any road riding scenario thanks to its potent blend of advanced traits. Whether ascending the steepest Grand Tour mountain passes, surging through valleys, sprinting for the line or adventuring across the gravel the 303 Firecrest delivers with aplomb and enthusiasm.
The full carbon rims are realised with the finest materials and resins to promote a combination of lateral stiffness, strength and low weight. The mid-depth, wide and bulbous rim profile is tuned via Zipp's AeroBalance concept that utilises the wind tunnel, CFD computer simulations, on-road testing and pro rider evaluation to result in one of the lowest drag-per-rim-depth ratios within the industry. The advanced profile offers composed handling in crosswind situations before a dimpled pattern complements by smoothing the air across the rim surfaces to increase speed further.
A hookless internal rim configuration is utilised for optimum performance with tubeless-ready tyres and features a broad, 25mm inner width. This increased stance holds the tyre in an exemplary fashion, spreading the beads further apart to elicit a refined tyre-to-road footprint and a higher air volume. These properties significantly lower rolling resistance, increase comfort and enhance cornering grip.
The disc brake-specific hubs have a sturdy Center Lock configuration and encase smooth bearings with improved seals for increased weather resistance. A 66-tooth engagement in the freehub affords an instant reaction to pedalling input before a 2-cross lacing pattern brings everything together and promotes stiffness and resilience into the build.
The low overall weight results from the amalgamation of advanced materials and superior design, which contributes to faster climbing speeds and rapid acceleration.
- Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
- 12mm front and rear hub end caps
- Center Lock lock rings
- A wheelset that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, low weight, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort for a multifaceted performance
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 40mm rim depths offer performance in any riding situation
- AeroBalance-derived rim profiles simultaneously lower drag, improve crosswind stability and provide turbulence reducing rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide, 25mm internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Hookless rims are designed with Tubeless Made Easy technology to take advantage of and ease the installation of tubeless tyres as well as smoothing the rim-to-tyre interface for lower drag
- A low overall weight promotes enhanced climbing and acceleration
- ZR1 DB hubs are Center Lock compatible, have super smooth bearings, durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
Please note, the Zipp 303 Firecrest is designed for use with tubeless-ready tyres only with a minimum width of 28mm.
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher only
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with refined AeroBalance profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim Depth: 40mm
- Internal Rim Width: 25mm
- Rim Internal Format: Hookless, featuring the Tubeless Made Easy concept
- External Rim Width: 30mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: 2-cross / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke Counts: Front: 24 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: ZR1 Disc Brake / Rear: ZR1 Disc Brake with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub Compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake Compatibility: Disc
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear Axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended Tyre Size: 28mm to 55mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: 73psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 613 grams / Rear: 739 grams / Wheelset: 1352 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime