Zipp 303 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset
The Zipp 303 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset is realised via a potent blend of the brand's aerodynamic prowess and advanced materials to produce a comprehensive performance within any riding scenario. Whether ascending steep mountain passes, pushing through windswept plains or thundering across Spring Classics cobbles the 303 NSW performs flawlessly.
A low weight, high lateral stiffness and robustness are all infused into the structure of the rims via the use of a revised carbon layup. This advanced composite is formed into a mid-depth rim with a profile that has been honed after wind tunnel testing, CFD computer simulations and pro rider validation within the harshest of riding situations. The results of this meticulous procedure are low drag numbers, increased crosswind stability and heightened responsiveness. The ABLC dimpling pattern complements this by smoothing the airflow over the rim surface to grant further aerodynamic adeptness.
The broad internal rim width mates with tyres in a superior manner, forcing them to sit with an improved cross-sectional profile and this elicits lowered rolling resistance, improved comfort and magnifies cornering grip. Subsequently, tubeless tyre or standard clincher compatibility allows the ride to be fine-tuned in line with the riding requirements and conditions ahead.
Assured braking performance is guaranteed, even in the wet, thanks to the Showstopper brake track and its friction heightening scalloped surface. At the same time, the Cognition hubs spin smoothly while the Axial Clutch freehub mechanism reduces drag when coasting to help the rider save energy.
The build is finalised thoroughly by Sapim CX-Ray spokes that are laced with neat patterns and even tensions to bestow increased strength and reliability into the build.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- A versatile wheelset that is designed to be fast within any setting
- The full carbon rims are realised from a revised carbon fibre layup to promote high lateral stiffness, low weight and strength for rough roads and surfaces
- 45mm deep rim profiles provide a multifaceted performance and have been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding to lower drag and increase crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim widths reduce rolling resistance, improve comfort and enhance cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- Cognition hubs have super smooth bearings with the rear featuring an Axial Clutch freehub mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 45mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: Radial / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 18 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition / Rear: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 25mm width tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 679 grams / Rear: 822 grams / Wheelset: 1501 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime