Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel
Amalgamating the brand’s exhaustive aerodynamic know-how and advanced materials, the Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel supplies an adaptable character for any riding scenario. Equally at home when powering over rolling climbs, soloing in a breakaway or against the clock, or punching towards the finish line the 404 Firecrest never fails to deliver with formidable exactness.
Generous amounts of lateral stiffness and rough-road resilience are realised in a light rim construction thanks to the advanced carbon composition. This sophisticated material is sculpted into an aerodynamically superior shape that has been honed after hours of extensive research and professional rider verification to yield lower drag and increased stability. The ABLC dimples supplement this by calming turbulent air across the rim’s surface to further enhance the aero performance across a gamut of yaw angles.
The internal rim measurement is wide, and this is key to holding tyres with a superior cross-sectional profile. Both tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyres alike, whichever are preferred by the rider, are coerced into this refined silhouette that, in turn, elicits lower rolling resistance, increased compliance and boosted cornering grip. At the same time, composed, confidence-inspiring braking, even when the conditions are foul, is donated by the Showstopper carbon brake track and its friction generating scalloped surface.
Smooth spinning bearings that are well-sealed for increased durability are encased in the svelte body of the ZR1 hub. The partnering freehub body has a 66 point engagement, providing an instant response to pedalling input. The build is finalised via the highly respected Sapim CX-Ray spokes that, along with a 2-cross build and even tensions, award heightened efficiency and reliability.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- A wheel that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort to excel over rolling climbs, across wind-swept plains, when sprinting for the line and in solo efforts when in a breakaway or against the clock
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 58mm deep, AeroBalance derived rim profile is honed via CFD computer simulations, wind tunnel testing and pro rider feedback to simultaneously lower drag and improves crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre set ups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- ZR1 hub is German engineered, has super smooth bearings with durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hubs: ZR1 with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 887 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.