Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel
Offering admirable performance in road races, efforts against the clock, gran fondos and any training situation, the Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel is an excellent choice for the rider who loves to ride across any topography.
A high grade of carbon is utilised in the construction of the rim, and this is laid in a specific pattern to grant lateral rigidity, strength and low weight. The rim has a 58mm depth, and this provides an ideal foundation for a balanced blend of low drag and crosswind stability. These traits are subsequently maximised via an aerodynamically sculpted cross-sectional profile and an ABLC surface dimple pattern.
Tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyre compatibility allows almost unlimited ride fine-tuning. Whatever tyres are chosen, the broad internal rim measurement coerces them to realise a higher air volume and shorter but wider tyre-to-road contact patch. These refined tyre characteristics provide lower rolling resistance, improved comfort and boosted cornering traction.
Smooth but well-sealed bearings and a secure Center Lock disc interface are supplied by the disc brake specific ZR1 hub. This hub is mated to the rim by the strong Sapim CX-Sprint spokes in an evenly tensioned 2-cross lacing pattern to bestow dependability and efficiency.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A wheel that combines a multitude of traits to offer a versatile performance within any riding situation
- The full carbon rim is realised from high-grade materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio and strength
- 58mm deep, aerodynamically refined rim profile simultaneously lowers drag and improves crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 DB hub is Center Lock compatible, has super smooth bearings and durable seals
- Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with an aerodynamically refined profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke counts: 24
- Hub: ZR1 Disc Brake
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Max tyre pressure: 125psi
- Max recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 839 grams (based on a 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.