Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
Featuring an advanced blend of velocity inspired design traits and sophisticated materials, the Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset offers stunning performance within any fast-paced riding scenario. Whether thundering along in the chain gain “through-and-off”, surging along against the clock or sprinting to the line, the 404 NSW delivers with accuracy and composure.
A high stiffness to weight ratio is realised thanks to the use of a highly developed carbon material within the construction of the rims. This material is formed into a 58mm deep rim profile that has been honed via countless hours of wind tunnel and real-world testing. This meticulous research results in a remarkably low amount of drag and superior crosswind stability. A wider rim format ameliorates the rim-to-tyre junction for a smoother airflow while a rim surface dimpling pattern further supplements in this regard.
A broad internal rim width forces tyres to sit with a superior cross-section, and this decreases rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip. The internal format is compatible with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres so caters for any personal rider preferences.
The disc brake specific cognition hubs feature solid Center Lock configurations, stainless bearings for smooth rotation and a precise flange structure to facilitate more even spoke tensions. The freehub mechanism disengages when freewheeling to eliminate internal resistance and Sapim CX-Ray spokes link everything via a 2-cross lacing pattern to promote stiffness and robustness.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A wheelset that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort to excel across heavily rolling terrain, Triathlons, TT’s and any other fast-paced riding scenarios
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 58mm rim depths offer performance within any ride that has a requirement of raw and relentless speed
- Rim profiles that have been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lowers drag, increases crosswind stability and smooths the rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim widths reduce tyre rolling resistance, improve comfort and enhance cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition hub has a Center Lock interface, super smooth bearings, a disengaging freehub ratchet mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling and superior flange profile to promote more even spoke tensions
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined aerodynamic profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finishe: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim Depth: 58mm
- Internal Rim Width: 19mm
- Rim Internal Format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: 2-cross / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke Count: Front: 24 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition / Rear: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake Compatibility: Disc
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear Axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended Tyre Size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 790 grams / Rear: 900 grams / Wheelset: 1690 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.