Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset
The Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset amalgamates the brand's most advanced technologies with state of the art materials and manufacturing techniques to realise multifaceted performance across a range of riding situations. Whether charging along in the chain gang, on a solo breakaway or punching relentlessly over heavily undulating terrain, the 454 NSW delivers with aplomb.
Sophisticated carbon materials and resins are utilised within the structure of the rims to afford low weight and high lateral stiffness. These highly developed materials are moulded into an innovative Sawtooth rim profile that features Hyperfoil undulations. This irregular pattern combines with the aerodynamically honed rim cross-section to elicit the lowest possible drag and highest crosswind stability. HexFin ABLC surface dimples complement this by smoothing the airflow over the rim's surface to lower drag further.
A broad internal rim width allows tyres to sit with a superior profile that sees increased sidewall support. This improved tyre silhouette lowers rolling resistance, improves comfort and increases cornering grip for an altogether faster ride. The internal structure is compatible with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres to offer the rider a broad range of choices in line with personal preferences and riding styles.
The Showstopper carbon brake track possesses moulded-in sipes and these, along with the specialised surface treatment, help to clear water and escalate the friction rate for enhanced stopping power, even in the wet.
The Cognition hubs have super smooth, sealed bearings while the Axial Clutch freehub mechanism markedly reduces drag when coasting. The renowned Sapim CX-Ray spokes complete the build by linking everything together via neat and reliable, radial and 2-cross lacing patterns.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- A multifaceted wheelset that performs across a huge scope of fast paced riding scenarios
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- Undulating 53/58mm rim depths provide the foundations for a versatile performance within any ride
- Sawtooth rim profiles feature nature inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim widths reduce tyre rolling resistance, improve comfort and enhance cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- The Cognition hubs have super smooth bearings with the rear featuring an Axial Clutch freehub mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with Sawtooth profiles and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 53/58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: Radial / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 18 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition / Rear: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 812 grams / Rear: 968 grams / Wheelset: 1780 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.