Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel
Whether hammering up climbs, surging across windswept plains or sprinting to the finish line, the Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel delivers with aplomb. Thanks to a combination of an innovatory design and highly developed carbon materials, the 454 NSW is a truly multifaceted performer within any riding scenario.
A pioneering Sawtooth rim profile sees numerous HyperFoil nodes along its inner edge, and these interact with the airflow to reduce drag and significantly increase stability whatever the wind strength and angle. This advanced rim silhouette is realised in a sophisticated carbon material via a state of the art manufacturing process to afford high lateral stiffness, strength and a low rotating mass. HexFin ABLC dimples across the rim’s surface supplement by attaching a slippery layer of air to the rim body, aiding aerodynamic performance further.
Tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres are coerced into optimum cross-sectional forms by the broad internal rim width, and this promotes a higher tyre air volume and wider tyre-to-road footprint. These two traits unite to grant lower rolling resistance, increased comfort and maximised cornering grip.
The esteemed Sapim CX-Ray spokes link the rim to the disc brake specific Cognition hub via a reliable and robust 2-cross lacing pattern. This hub features a Center Lock disc interface for a composed braking sensation and an Axial Clutch freehub mechanism that lowers mechanical drag when freewheeling.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A multifaceted wheel that performs across a huge scope of fast paced riding scenarios
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio and robustness
- Undulating 53/58mm deep Sawtooth rim profile features nature-inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition DB hub has a Center Lock disc interface, super smooth bearings and a disengaging Axial Clutch freehub mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and a neat lacing pattern provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon rim with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 53/58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hubs: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tire pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 955 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".